Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Big Questions

As we venture into the world
                We are confronted by two questions,
“How will I make a living today”, and
                “What is the meaning of life?

It is the Big Questions that humans uniquely ponder,
                “I am human, but what does that mean?”
                “I am spiritual, but what does that mean?”
“Am I a human being having a spiritual experience, or
                Am I a spiritual being having a human one?”

In Christianity there is sin and salvation,
                In Buddhism there is no sin, only harmony.
In my life there is difficulty and joy,
                I choose joy and feel guilty about that.

Religions drive war, hatred and terror,
                Yet “God” is loving, caring and merciful.
Humans crave peace and love and harmony, and yet
                We love power, competition and success.

“I went to a fight and a hockey game broke out.”
                “It is not an auto race without a fiery crash.

Yin and yang are as natural as all of nature.
                The bell curve represents all in the world.
Good and bad, evil and holy, war and peace, strong and weak
                Are all essential to balance and harmony.

What is God?
                Is there a heaven?
                                Is there a right and wrong?
                                                Are there universal truths?
                                                                Is there one path for me or many?
What are the answers to the Big Questions?
                Perhaps they are those that bring us personal joy, peace and harmony,
                                Even if to others they seem violent, painful or crazy.

Well back to making a living . . .

No comments: